The Eaton Rapids Area District Library (ERADL) is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to help provide access to resources and experiences so that the Eaton Rapids community will be transformed with knowledge and innovation.
Position: Library Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Coordinating volunteers
● Compiling local history resources
● Creating displays throughout the building
● Processing InterLibrary Loan requests
● Planning, organizing and executing library programs and activities designed for children grades 4-12, including the Summer Reading Program
● Delivering reference, information and reader’s advisory services for library patrons of all ages
● Assisting patrons in use of computers and other library technology
● Requires a high school diploma
● Experience working with tweens and teens is preferred
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong commitment to public service excellence
● Self-motivated, creative, enthusiastic, flexible and dependable
● Proficient in using computers and the Internet
Hours: Part-time, 25-26 hours per week, including regularly scheduled evenings and weekends.
Salary/Benefits: Hourly wage starting at $10.75. Pro-rated paid time off and some paid holidays.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and writing sample (see below) to the Library Director, Anna Curtis, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by 5:00 pm Friday, May 7, 2021 will be given first consideration.
Writing Sample: In one paragraph, write a program description for a tween or teen program of your choice as it might appear on the Library’s Facebook page or in the local paper.
The Eaton Rapids Area District Library is an equal opportunity employer